Monday, September 15, 2014

That's Deep!

Hey guys! This week it has finally been slightly colder than usual so I'm pulling out boots, knee socks, hats and flannel button ups! SO READY FOR FALL! Today will be a little bible study thingy. I am so excited to share this with you guys I have been studying over this for most of last week and I would like to share it with all of you! So here we go!

The deepest spot of any ocean is in the Pacific Ocean near the Philippines. Known as "Challenger Deep" or the Marianas Trench. It goes down almost SEVEN MILES into the ocean! If you could stick the worlds tallest mountain on that space then it would still be under water! That is crazy and AMAZING! And also super terrifying! To even think that there is such a huge trench out there! It blows your mind!

But it puts a lighter mood on things when you look into Micah 7:19 "You will have mercy on us again; you will conquer our sins. You will throw away all our sins into the deepest part of the sea."  Do you think that if you where in a boat over the Marianas Trench and you dropped your sunscreen in the water, (lets pretend that your sunscreen is like make of cement or something...) and it sunk to the bottom that you could dive into the water and retrieve your sunscreen from the ocean floor?! No! You wouldn't be able to get anything at the bottom of that trench!  I think that's a why I like this verse so much! Give God your sins so he can chuck it into the ocean, where I can never retrieve them! I think that it is so cool how our God has the power to take away our sins in such a manner that he would throw it into the deepest part of the ocean! How deep is that!




Our verse of the day is 1 Peter 3:18;





It is such a great verse and I think it might slightly intertwine with my bible study today! 

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Great Job Autumn!!! Way to dig in the word and find such a great verse about our sins being cast far away from us...the deepest trench where we can never go get them. Great word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock!!!! I love what you so gently and eloquently reminded me of!!! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete