Thursday, March 19, 2015

Round Rabbi Mordecai

Hey guys, I wanted to show you my newest project, it was a little big to show you how to do but I will show you the finished product, but first I need to go into detail why I decided to do this project.

Do you all know of the Elf On The Shelf, basically it's a doll that plays as the eyes and ears of Santa, parents change the position of the elf every night to make it seem as if the elf is going to report to Santa.




 A Jewish family that celebrated Hanukkah decided to make a similar product, they made something called Mensch On A Bench. ( Mensch is a Yiddish word that means, person of integrity, or some one that has a sense of right and wrong, a man you could look up to, a good guy.)



Me and my family have been looking for a travel buddy for a pretty long time now, you may be saying to yourself, "What is a Travel Buddy?" Well it is something we can take to different places, such as on Vacation to take pictures of it doing silly things or just sitting on your shoulder. We were going to buy one of the Mensch on the  Benches to use for that, BUT we couldn't find a Mensch for under thirty bucks, so my Dad got me to make a little dude based off of Mensch. 

So drum roll please.... We made the Round Rabbi, or his given name, Mordecai.








My biggest pet peeve of Mensch is that he had no tassels on his prayer cloth, I fixed that. Mordecai has a shirt, vest, jacket, and prayer cloth with little pants, I made it so you can add pieces of clothing such as a Hawaiian shirt and trunks or a huge fuzzy coat a boots. And since I'm me I couldn't simply sew his vest shut, I had to have little baby buttons!

 I hope you love this little guy as much as I do! 

I am excited to go to my Grandparent's house to show him off to my family. All most every Thursday ever since me and my sisters where very little, Thursday night we go to my Memaws's house for her awesome food and hugs. Often my Aunt and Uncle will be there too, it is such a wonderful thing to have the people you love around you, I hope that you agree!

 I demand that all of you have a awesome day, until later! 

 

Yes we still doing these cat GIFs, I've just been lazy. Plus this one is just adorable!







1 comment:

  1. I love your project!!! You done an awesome job on it. I love the baby buttons you put on his shirt. Can't wait to see all the places you take him. hugs to my sweet friend and much love, patty

    ReplyDelete